Monday, October 7, 2013

Blog Post #6: Further Inspiration for my Final Project

For our final project we are given a LOT of acceptable range with practically no restrictions.  I find this type of work harder than completing structured assignments because there are so many possible options.  After debating on my final assignment topic for a week I have come up with several themes all having to do with nature and science.  As a scientist, I am surrounded by technologies designed to manipulate nature on a regular basis.  I take some of these for granted, and others I probably don't even notice are there because they are so engrained in my life.  For my final project I would like to include video of both my lab and nature so either show their symbiosis or their conflict, or maybe both.

I got this idea from the work discussed last week by Amy Youngs with the fishbowl full of crickets.  Below is a link to another one of her art installations in which technology, humans, and nature must work together for the success of the piece...literally.

http://hypernatural.com/


Amy Youngs does a lot of work connecting human and natural interaction.  Below is a link to another one of her video installation works depicting a pet carrier/cage on top of which is a tv covered in animal fur depicting animals fighting.  This entire work has a very violent theme and shows how nature and humans are often at conflict, with man trying to put nature in a cage.

http://hypernatural.com/whylook.html

No comments:

Post a Comment