Friday, September 6, 2013

Thoughts on Assignment #1

In thinking about the subject matter of my first assignment piece, I am inspired by this work from Amy that I posted about last week.  It is an image of herself behind a metallic screen.  The colors in the photo is light reflecting off of the metal.  I really liked the duel relationship between man and nature in this piece.  The rainbow of colors look very natural despite having been made from an inorganic material and the repetitive circles look organic and processed at the same time.



For my Assignment 1 I would like to do a compilation of videos involving man's relationship with nature.  Perhaps how nature is shaped and changed by man.  As a science major, I am constantly manipulating nature for my own benefits in the laboratory, sometimes taking for granted all that I can do with the natural resources at my disposal.  

The following link is to a video of a sand art performance that I found to be VERY inspirational!  It portrays how caught up humanity is in their daily life and the monotonous work they are required to do rather than appreciating living to its fullest extent by appreciating nature.  I am not yet sure in which way my assignment #1 will represent the connection between nature and man, but I know that I would like that link to be the main theme connecting my four pieces.  

Here is the link to the sand art performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgSoTCgvgA

No comments:

Post a Comment