Friday, November 22, 2013

Fine Cut Critique Response

Response to Andrea's Questions:


1     1) Does the sound work well with all of my clips?
             I think the sound works very well with all of your clips.  Although most of your shots are of still objects, the sound creates the attmosphere to imagine what that scene would look like if it were active...especially the bike one!

2    2) Is there any distracting visual noise that I should get rid of?
             I think you should change the lengths of your clips to be relatively uniform. You spend a lot of time on some rather unexciting stares, but then cut quickly out of clips that are much more asthetically intruiging.  I think there would be less distraction if you made them all a uniform length.  

      3) Did I make the transition from day to night work well or is it still distracting?
            I thought you did a GREAT job switching between night and day.  There was no point at which I thought a night scene and day scene didn't go well together.  GREAT JOB!!


      Response to Haley's Questions:
      
       1) Did you enjoy the subject’s gaze from subject-subject to subject-audience? Did you feel more connected to the video from this detail?
             Yes!  One of my favorite parts of the video is when the man looks at the camera.  It made me feel guilty for watching him and as if I had been caught.  Very well done.

             2)  Did you enjoy the breathing as a tool for rhythm, pace, humanization, and voyeurism.
              I think breathing can be a very useful tool in your final piece, but it needs to be played with to have the intended effect.  Right now if feels like the viewer is in one of those gas masks or has just come back from running a marathon because it is so loud.  I think you could get the voyeurism effect if you made the breath quiter.  I do really like that the breathing stops when he looks at the camera...as if the person knows he has been caught.  

        3)  Did you enjoy the left and right thirds as much as the middle? Did they aid in creating a space? 
               Yes, I thought all three screens complimented each other well.  The main focus is still on the middle piece, but that will always be the case because there are people in that one.  I think the two side pieces do a good job of complimenting the middle without overpower it or getting lost... like classy book ends.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment